Hi,

I have a single argument udf that takes the sql string as a argument.
Inside the udf, I have used hive jdbc client to execute the query. My query
execution part inside udf is working fine and also I am able to get the
desired result from the query. My udf is returning a String. I am getting
error in returning the result from the evaluate method of a udf.

Stack trace:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error in configuring object
  at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:93)
  at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:64)
  at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:117)
  at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:432)
  at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1136)
  at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:88)
  ... 9 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error in configuring object
  at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:93)
  at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:64)
  at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:117)
  at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.configure(MapRunner.java:34)
  ... 14 more
  at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:88)
  ... 17 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Map operator initialization failed
  at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.ExecMapper.configure(ExecMapper.java:154)
  ... 22 more
Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.UDFArgumentException:
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: Unable to execute
method public java.lang.String
com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.udf.UDFType.evaluate(org.apache.hadoop.io.Text)
  on object com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.udf.UDFType@3ff839e8 of class
com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.udf.UDFType with arguments
{employeeudf.age:org.apache.hadoop.io.Text} of size 1
  at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.udf.generic.GenericUDF.initializeAndFoldConstants(GenericUDF.java:148)
  at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExprNodeGenericFuncEvaluator.initialize(ExprNodeGenericFuncEvaluator.java:127)
  at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.initEvaluators(Operator.java:931)
  at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.initEvaluatorsAndReturnStruct(Operator.java:957)
  at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.SelectOperator.initializeOp(SelectOperator.java:65)
  at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.initialize(Operator.java:376)
  at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.initialize(Operator.java:460)
  at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.initializeChildren(Operator.java:416)
  at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TableScanOperator.initializeOp(TableScanOperator.java:189)
  at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.initialize(Operator.java:376)
  at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapOperator.initializeOp(MapOperator.java:425)
  at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.initialize(Operator.java:376)
  at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.ExecMapper.configure(ExecMapper.java:133)
  ... 22 more
Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: Unable to
execute method public java.lang.String
com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.udf.UDFType.evaluate(org.apache.hadoop.io.Text)
  on object com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.udf.UDFType@3ff839e8 of class
com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.udf.UDFType with arguments
{employeeudf.age:org.apache.hadoop.io.Text} of size 1
  at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FunctionRegistry.invoke(FunctionRegistry.java:1243)
  at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.udf.generic.GenericUDFBridge.evaluate(GenericUDFBridge.java:182)
  at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.udf.generic.GenericUDF.initializeAndFoldConstants(GenericUDF.java:145)
  ... 34 more
  at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FunctionRegistry.invoke(FunctionRegistry.java:1219)
  ... 36 more
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
  at com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.udf.UDFType.getColType(UDFType.java:82)
  at com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.udf.UDFType.evaluate(UDFType.java:76)
  ... 41 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver
  at com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.common.utils.HiveJDBCConnectionFactory.(HiveJDBCConnectionFactory.java:15)
  ... 43 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver
  at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
  at com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.common.utils.HiveJDBCConnectionFactory.<init>(HiveJDBCConnectionFactory.java:23)
  ... 44 more

Any help would be highle appreciated.

Search Discussions

  • Jason Dere at Oct 2, 2014 at 7:46 pm
    It looks like the issue is here at the bottom of the list of stack traces, where it can't resolve the HiveDriver class. I think only hive-exec.jar is shipped as part of a map/reduce job, you would have to make sure hive-jdbc is in the class path during the map/reduce jobs.
    Are you sure your UDF is actually able to run the query, since this error seems to be occurring during your UDF initialization? Not sure if running a separate query within a UDF is something that would be recommended, though maybe others can speak on that.
[...]

    Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: Unable to execute method public java.lang.String com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.udf.UDFType.evaluate(org.apache.hadoop.io.Text) on object com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.udf.UDFType@3ff839e8 of class com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.udf.UDFType with arguments {employeeudf.age:org.apache.hadoop.io.Text} of size 1
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FunctionRegistry.invoke(FunctionRegistry.java:1243)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.udf.generic.GenericUDFBridge.evaluate(GenericUDFBridge.java:182)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.udf.generic.GenericUDF.initializeAndFoldConstants(GenericUDF.java:145)
    ... 34 more
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FunctionRegistry.invoke(FunctionRegistry.java:1219)
    ... 36 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.udf.UDFType.getColType(UDFType.java:82)
    at com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.udf.UDFType.evaluate(UDFType.java:76)
    ... 41 more
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver
    at com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.common.utils.HiveJDBCConnectionFactory.<init>(HiveJDBCConnectionFactory.java:27)
    at com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.common.utils.HiveJDBCConnectionFactory.<clinit>(HiveJDBCConnectionFactory.java:15)

    --
    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
  • Reena upadhyay at Oct 3, 2014 at 1:22 pm

    Thanks for the reply :) Map reduce jobs were not able to find the third
    party jars, this was causing the exceptions. I have placed all the
    dependent third party jar's inside haddop_home/lib.
    By doing so, the issue is solved.

    Thanks,
    Reena Upadhyay
[...]

    NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity
    to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential,

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedOct 1, '14 at 3:10p
activeOct 3, '14 at 1:22p
posts3
users2
websitehive.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Reena upadhyay: 2 posts Jason Dere: 1 post

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2024 Grokbase