I am new to Hive. I am trying to connect to Hive from a Windows JDBC
client. The Hive server is running on a Linux machine. I'm getting the
following error:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid URL:
jdbc:hive//myserver:10000/default
at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.(HiveDriver.java:108

Any ideas on what the problem is?
Thanks.

Search Discussions

  • Ariel Leiva at Sep 14, 2010 at 1:54 pm
    Hi Michael, could you give more details about this exception?

    What happen if you do a

    telnet myserver 10000

    Ariel

    On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Michael Styles