I am sure this has been discussed endlessly on the list, but I am looking for message based authentication, message integrity and encryption for PUB-SUB. ?And since the first rule of cryptography is "Don't do it yourself", I was wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of a library to use. ?Python is my?preferred?language and I will be using ZeroMQ 3.2

Thanks,

Matt Hawn
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Amr Ali at Jan 8, 2013 at 12:14 am
    Python is an awful technology stack when it comes to cryptographic libraries
    support, I'm sorry to say. You could try and expand on the developing pycryptopp
    (Language binding for libcrypto++) library. I'm confident that you'll have to
    use at least 2-3 different cryptographic packages to make use of all the
    algorithms needed for a decent setup.

    Try `pip search crypto` to get an idea of what's available.

    If what you are doing is for production I'd be careful what I would use, most of
    the python packages I've experimented with are far from mature let alone
    remorselessly scrutinized.

    If you are comfortable enough with Cython and C/C++, you could group all your
    needs of cryptographic functions into class(es) or function(s) using libcrypto++
    or libgcrypt, they are both are very well established libraries. Then use Cython
    to interface with the few classes/functions you coded in C or C++ to minimize
    the amount of code you'll have to do in Cython.

    Good luck.