There's a new stable release 2.1.9 now available for download from
Thanks to everyone who tested the 2-1 master.
0MQ version 2.1.9 (Stable), released on 2011/08/29
* Fixed issue 240, assertion failure in pgm_socket.cpp:437.
* Fixed issue 238, assertion failure in zmq.cpp:655, when zmq_poll is
?used on an empty set, on Windows.
* Fixed issue 239, assertion failure in zmq.cpp:223, when ZMQ_SWAP was
?used with explicit identities and multiple SUB sockets.
* Fixed issue 236, zmq_send() and zmq_recv() did not always return
?error conditions such as EFSM properly. This bug was introduced in
?version 2.1.8 by the backport of changes for issue 231.
* 0MQ support for Android added (Bill Roberts, Mikko Koppanen).