There's a new stable release 2.1.8 now available for download from
This release fixes a number of issues in 2.1.7 (see below). We
recommend an upgrade if you are hitting any of these issues.
0MQ version 2.1.8 (Stable), released on 2011/07/28
* Fixed issue 223, assertion failure in tcp_connecter.cpp:300 when
?connecting to a server that is on an unreachable network (errno is
?equal to ENETUNREACH).
* Fixed issue 228, assertion failure at rep.cpp:88 when HWM was reached.
* Fixed issue 231, assertion failure at mailbox.cpp:183 when too many
?pending socketpair operations were queued (major backport from 3.0).
* Fixed issue 234, assertion failure at mailbox.cpp:77 when Ctrl-C was
?used (only affected git master following backport for 231).
* Fixed issue 230, SIGPIPE killing servers when client disconnected, hit
* Removed Debian packaging, which is now available at packages.debian.org
?or via apt-get.