I've just pushed a new stable release of 0MQ, v2.1.7.
The packages are available at the usual location:
* http://download.zeromq.org/zeromq-2.1.7.tar.gz (UNIX line endings)
* http://download.zeromq.org/zeromq-2.1.7.zip (Windows line endings)
The release notes follow; full details are as always in the
If you are using 2.1.6, PLEASE UPGRADE to 2.1.7, since 2.1.6 contains
an error (issue 206) that breaks some apps.
To prevent any more of these broken patches, we're tightening up the
policy for patching stable releases:
Any change to the 2.1.x branch will now have to be proven by a test
case and verified by an independent person (there'll be exceptions but
this has proven to be the most robust approach).
0MQ version 2.1.7 (Stable), released on 2011/05/12
* Fixed issue 191, message atomicity issue with PUB sockets (an old issue).
* Fixed issue 199 (affected ROUTER/XREP sockets, an old issue).
* Fixed issue 206, assertion failure in zmq.cpp:223, affected all sockets
?(bug was introduced in 2.1.6 as part of message validity checking).
* Fixed issue 211, REP socket asserted if sent malformed envelope (old issue
?due to abuse of assertions for error checking).
* Fixed issue 212, reconnect failing after resume from sleep on Windows
?(due to not handling WSAENETDOWN).
* Properly handle WSAENETUNREACH on Windows (e.g. if client connects
?before server binds).
* Runtime checking of socket and context validity, to catch e.g. using a
?socket after closing it, or passing an invalid pointer to context/socket
* Test cases moved off port 5555, which conflicts with other services.
* Clarified zmq_poll man page that the resolution of the timeout is 1msec.