Since it's easy to get the stem for a term from a query is there any way
I can get the list of words that might have degenerated into that stem?
For instance "want" is the stem for "wanted", "wanting", "wants", etc.
I'd like to get that list given the stemmed form.

I looked at the stem class, but it doesn't seem to do it.

Thanks,
Jim.

Search Discussions

  • Olly Betts at Jan 19, 2009 at 6:32 am

    Since it's easy to get the stem for a term from a query is there any way
    I can get the list of words that might have degenerated into that stem?
    This has been asked before, so I've written up the answer as an FAQ
    entry:

    http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/FAQ/UnstemmingTerms

    Cheers,
    Olly
  • Jim at Jan 19, 2009 at 10:35 am

    Olly Betts wrote:
    Since it's easy to get the stem for a term from a query is there any way
    I can get the list of words that might have degenerated into that stem?
    This has been asked before, so I've written up the answer as an FAQ
    entry:

    http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/FAQ/UnstemmingTerms

    Cheers,
    Olly