Hello, I found this bug many times. When I call the delete_document() and pass the term parameter to delete some matched documents from the exists Xapian Database, It caught the some error, the following is the orignal error message on the screen:

---

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
what(): St9bad_alloc
Abort trap: 6 (core dumped)

----
But once delete_document() call matched fewer documents, It have not errors. So I guess that when delete many documents(about 10,000 or more) by a term, the Xapian will be terminated. :(

Is there a code bug? How can I solve this problem? thanks

????????Hightman
??????????2008-01-24

Search Discussions

  • Olly Betts at Jan 24, 2008 at 12:48 pm

    Hello, I found this bug many times. When I call the delete_document()
    and pass the term parameter to delete some matched documents from the
    exists Xapian Database, It caught the some error, the following is the
    orignal error message on the screen:

    ---

    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
    what(): St9bad_alloc
    Abort trap: 6 (core dumped)
    This probably means you're running out of memory. Are you low on
    memory?

    Otherwise, I guess heap corruption could cause this. What platform are
    you on? If valgrind is available, can you run your program under it
    to see if it reports anything.
    But once delete_document() call matched fewer documents, It have not
    errors. So I guess that when delete many documents(about 10,000 or
    more) by a term, the Xapian will be terminated. :(
    I don't really see why this would consume a lot of memory.

    Cheers,
    Olly

groupxapian-discuss @
categoriesxapian