Hi all,

I have had a problem reported with Xapian running on Windows and have
managed to reproduce the problem myself (Windows XP latest service
packs, Xapian core 1.0.4).

The problem concerns xapian-check and manifests both with and without
the recent patch (see Olly's message of the 17th). Running xapian-check
on the database produced by the termgentest gives the error as follows:

--
xapian-check.exe ..\..\tests\.flint\tg_spell1
record:

termlist:
baseB blocksize=8K items=0 lastblock=0 revision=1 levels=0 root=(faked)
void B-tree checked okay
tg_spell1/termlist table: Don't know how to check structure

postlist:
baseB blocksize=8K items=0 lastblock=0 revision=1 levels=0 root=(faked)
void B-tree checked okay
tg_spell1/postlist table: Don't know how to check structure

position:
Lazily created, and not yet used.

value:
Lazily created, and not yet used.

spelling:
baseB blocksize=8K items% lastblock=0 revision=1 levels=0 root=0
B-tree error 40
xapian-check.exe: btree error
--

The original problem concerns database corruption, but I thought it
would be best to sort out why xapian-check is failing first. Any hints

Cheers

Charlie

Search Discussions

  • Olly Betts at Nov 21, 2007 at 11:56 pm

    baseB blocksize=8K items% lastblock=0 revision=1 levels=0 root=0
    B-tree error 40
    xapian-check.exe: btree error
    --

    The original problem concerns database corruption, but I thought it
    would be best to sort out why xapian-check is failing first. Any hints
    gratefully received!
    I'm not sure I follow - xapian-check would appear to be failing because
    the database is corrupt!

    Cheers,
    Olly
  • Charlie Hull at Nov 22, 2007 at 9:49 am

    Olly Betts wrote:
    baseB blocksize=8K items% lastblock=0 revision=1 levels=0 root=0
    B-tree error 40
    xapian-check.exe: btree error
    --

    The original problem concerns database corruption, but I thought it
    would be best to sort out why xapian-check is failing first. Any hints
    gratefully received!
    I'm not sure I follow - xapian-check would appear to be failing because
    the database is corrupt!

    Cheers,
    Olly
    Yes, but the corrupt database was built by the test suite!
    Termgentest.exe to be precise.

    Charlie
  • Olly Betts at Nov 22, 2007 at 10:01 am

    The original problem concerns database corruption, but I thought it
    would be best to sort out why xapian-check is failing first. Any hints
    gratefully received!
    I'm not sure I follow - xapian-check would appear to be failing because
    the database is corrupt!
    Yes, but the corrupt database was built by the test suite!
    Termgentest.exe to be precise.
    That doesn't mean the bug is in xapian-check though.

    If you copy that database to a Unix machine, does xapian-check like it?
    What if you copy the database from termgentest on a Unix machine and
    check it with xapian-check.exe?

    Cheers,
    Olly

groupxapian-discuss @
categoriesxapian
postedNov 21, '07 at 10:19a
activeNov 22, '07 at 10:01a
websitexapian.org
irc#xapian

2 users in discussion

Olly Betts: 2 posts Charlie Hull: 2 posts