Hi,

I was running xapian-check on an index I just built, and I get a
repeated message saying "Unexpected end of data when reading termlist."
This happens on all databases I create, either before or after packing,
with any blocksize. Querying seems to be fine and I can compact and
merge databases without any issues.

Is this something I ought to worry about?

I've seen this on 32-bit FreeBSD 5.4 and on Ubuntu 7.10, both using
Xapian 1.0.4 (I've compiled the library myself on both platforms). All
my databases have been created using the Python bindings, if that makes
any difference.

Thanks very much, both for your time and for Xapian,
Bob

Search Discussions

  • Olly Betts at Nov 17, 2007 at 12:08 pm

    I was running xapian-check on an index I just built, and I get a
    repeated message saying "Unexpected end of data when reading termlist."
    This happens on all databases I create, either before or after packing,
    with any blocksize. Querying seems to be fine and I can compact and
    merge databases without any issues.

    Is this something I ought to worry about?
    No, it's just a bug in xapian-check, which has already been fixed in
    SVN HEAD. The flint format changed slightly in 1.0.3 and we failed
    to update xapian-check.

    Applying this patch to 1.0.4 should fix it:

    http://svn.xapian.org/trunk/xapian-core/bin/xapian-check.cc?r1�12&r2�62&view=patch

    Cheers,
    Olly

groupxapian-discuss @
categoriesxapian
postedNov 16, '07 at 10:20p
activeNov 17, '07 at 12:08p
websitexapian.org
irc#xapian

2 users in discussion

Olly Betts: 1 post Robert Parker: 1 post