How I can make the search using prefix in java?, not have implemented
yet in the binding? I have the 1.0.4

Search Discussions

  • Olly Betts at Nov 10, 2007 at 2:09 pm

    On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 11:44:09AM -0500, Aleph Thomas wrote:
    How I can make the search using prefix in java?, not have implemented
    yet in the binding? I have the 1.0.4
    The current Java bindings are hand-coded JNI which means it's a lot of
    work to keep them up to date with changes to the C++ API, so they have
    tended to lag and a number of newer API features aren't wrapped.

    The long term plan is to replace them with SWIG generated wrappers.
    I've done some work on this - if you want to try them, see here:

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.search.xapian.general/4141/focusE36

    I'd like to be able to switch to these for Xapian 1.1.0, though I can't
    make any guarantees. If you try them out, please report any problems.
    If you understand SWIG, patches are most welcome too!

    It would also be useful to have feedback on any problems with the
    current Java API to Xapian - I don't think it's feasible to produce 100%
    compatible wrappers, and if we're going to make incompatible changes
    anyway, that's a good time to address any problems.

    Cheers,
    Olly

groupxapian-discuss @
categoriesxapian