Hi

I'm using Xapian with PHP and when getting a matchset I'm checking for
at least a 100 hits, so to improve the estimated number of results.

That works fine but when I do a sort by value then it doesn't return
the same figure:

{{{
$xapian_enquire->set_query($xapian_query);
if($sortby == 'date'){
$xapian_enquire->set_sort_by_value(0, true);
}
$xapian_matchset = $xapian_enquire->get_mset($page*$count, $count, 100);
$results->setParameter('size', $xapian_matchset->get_matches_estimated());
}}}

I have cases where the matchset size is 15 but if do the same search
and I sort by date the initial estimated size returns 14

This is using xapian-core 1.0.2

Ross

Search Discussions

  • Olly Betts at Sep 12, 2007 at 5:50 pm

    I'm using Xapian with PHP and when getting a matchset I'm checking for
    at least a 100 hits, so to improve the estimated number of results.

    That works fine but when I do a sort by value then it doesn't return
    the same figure:
    I believe this bug is already fixed in SVN HEAD. It would be useful if
    you could verify it is by trying a snapshot from here:

    http://www.xapian.org/bleeding.php

    Cheers,
    Olly
  • Ross Lawley at Sep 13, 2007 at 11:28 am
    Hi,

    Yes - confirmed the latest snapshot fixed it!

    Thanks

    Ross
    I'm using Xapian with PHP and when getting a matchset I'm checking for
    at least a 100 hits, so to improve the estimated number of results.

    That works fine but when I do a sort by value then it doesn't return
    the same figure:
    I believe this bug is already fixed in SVN HEAD. It would be useful if
    you could verify it is by trying a snapshot from here:

    http://www.xapian.org/bleeding.php

    Cheers,
    Olly

groupxapian-discuss @