My clients have some plain MS Word 2000 files that i would like to use as templates for dynamic
generated documents (instead of html), is velocity enabled for this, or is html specific ?

Thanks
Hans

  • Nathan Bubna at May 6, 2008 at 3:12 pm
    Velocity, like most template engines out there, is designed to produce
    text of any kind. If you are generating a text-based format for MS
    Word 2000, Velocity can be used. If you are wanting to generate .doc
    files, then you will have to use something like Apache POI and a
    template engine will not help you much.