I've read from the Turbine site that some services have been
removed/changed in Turbine-2.3.

"In 2.3, many services have been deprecated or removed wholly. Below are
the changes I made to get my 2.2 app to work under 2.3.
Remove from tr.props ( and any properties that start with services.XXX):

services.PoolBrokerService.classname=org.apache.turbine.services.db.TurbinePoolBrokerService
services.MapBrokerService.classname=org.apache.turbine.services.db.TurbineMapBrokerService
services.ResourceService.classname=org.apache.turbine.services.resources.TurbineResourceService
services.LoggingService.classname=org.apache.turbine.services.logging.TurbineLoggingService"

We have tried upgrading from Turbine-2.2 to Turbine-2.3 and have been
encountering errors (mostly ClassNotFoundException). Services like
ResourceService have been deprecated in Turbine-2.3 but it doesn't
explain in the documents where these services are now set/configured
(with the exception of Logging). We've used this service in our
application using Turbine-2.2.

Hope you can help us.

Thanks,

*Dawn Angelito*