Hi:
I am using Ubuntu9.10. I have install jdk1.6 in /home/kk/ProgramFiles/jdk1.6
, also I have set up a permanent environment variable JAVA_HOME which link
to the jdk directory.
I just downloaded apache-tomcat-6.0.24.tar.gz and extact it to
"/home/kk/ProgramFiles/apache-tomcat-6.0.24", since the JAVA_HOME env var
existed, so I run the startup.sh directly,however I can not enter the "
http://localhost:8080" and I got the following message:

Using CATALINA_BASE: /home/kk/ProgramFiles/apache-tomcat-6.0.24
Using CATALINA_HOME: /home/kk/ProgramFiles/apache-tomcat-6.0.24
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /home/kk/ProgramFiles/apache-tomcat-6.0.24/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /usr
Using CLASSPATH:
/home/kk/ProgramFiles/apache-tomcat-6.0.24/bin/bootstrap.jar

It seems that tomcat did not identify the JAVA_HOME var, so how to do next
in my case?

Search Discussions

  • David Smith at Mar 4, 2010 at 1:41 pm

[...]

    How exactly are you starting tomcat? It's important to understand where
    tomcat is getting it's environment from.

    --David

  • Maven apache at Mar 4, 2010 at 1:45 pm
[...]

    The tomcat directory is " /home/kk/ProgramFiles/apache-tomcat-6.0.24'
    In the terminal , I enter this the bin directory and run " sudo
    ./startup.sh"
    --David

  • Markus Schönhaber at Mar 4, 2010 at 1:54 pm

    04.03.2010 14:44, maven apache:

    The tomcat directory is " /home/kk/ProgramFiles/apache-tomcat-6.0.24'
    In the terminal , I enter this the bin directory and run " sudo
    ./startup.sh"
    Why do you start Tomcat as root?

    --
    Regards
    mks

  • Maven apache at Mar 4, 2010 at 1:57 pm
    The tomcat directory is " /home/kk/ProgramFiles/apache-tomcat-6.0.24'
    In the terminal , I enter this the bin directory and run " sudo
    ./startup.sh"
    Why do you start Tomcat as root?
    Ok, I tried it again.
    --
    Regards
    mks

  • Markus Schönhaber at Mar 4, 2010 at 2:01 pm

    04.03.2010 14:56, maven apache: