Event ID: 1001
Date: 8/29/2010
Time: 8:25:45 AM
User: N/A
Computer: JDQSERVERPW
File does not exist: E:/Program Files/VisualSVN Server/htdocs/login_up.php3
[client 216.108.232.56]

The error seems to occur each time a user access the SVN repository but users have not reported any problems. I got concerned when
our VisualSVN Server Event Log overflowed. The error reference to .. /VisualSVN Server/htdocs/login_up.php3 is odd. File
"login_up.php3" definitely does not exist in the folder. The question is "Why is it looking for it?"

I understand that changing the httpd.conf file is not recommended as it will be overwritten during an upgrade, however, I was
instructed to make the change by GeoTrust to support our SSL certificate for the URL that our SVN Server runs under.

The only httpd.conf modification was to change:

SSLCertificateFile certs/server.pem
SSLCertificateKeyFile certs/server.pem

to:

SSLCertificateFile certs/cert.pem
SSLCertificateKeyFile certs/server.key

The above was changed because I was unable to use the built-in VisualSVN Server Manager wizard for SSL certificates for a
certificate that was already purchased and used for our MS IIS websites using the same URL. As I understand it, a certificate
issued for Microsoft IIS combines the certificate data and the Private Key data in one file. The Apache httpd.conf is expecting two
separate files - a Certificate file and a Private Key file. The GEOTRUST article describing how to do move a certificate from IIS to
Apache is also attached for reference.

We are using the latest VisualSVN Server Manager, Version: 2.1.3 on Windows Server 2003 (with the Apache virtual server for SVN) and
Subversion 1.6.12
Server URL is https://www.jdqsystems.com:8443/svn/
https://www.jdqsystems.com is the SSL certified domain that is used by both Subversion and other internal websites the server hosts.

Thanks in advance.

Jon
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jon Morris
604.876.1422 x931
President
JDQ Systems Inc.

http://www.jdq.com

Leading Experts in Business Improvement, Custom Software Applications & Quality Systems

Recipient of the 2007 BCTIA Technology Impact Award for Leadership in Social Responsibility... 3Spheres of ReciprocityT

http://www.jdq.com/3spheres
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Search Discussions

  • Bob Archer at Sep 1, 2010 at 8:41 pm

    Hi,
    Can you help?  I started getting the following error message in my
    Windows Server 2003 Event log after making a change to the
    httpd.conf file (see attached):
    Event Type:     Error
    Event Source:   VisualSVN Server 2.1
    Event Category: Apache
    Event ID:       1001
[...]
    Is this a public server? I wonder if it is just the typical bots crawling for insecure apps and such. Although, I'm not sure why the VSVN server would be looking for the file.

    Have you asked on the Visual SVN mail list?

    BOb

groupusers @
categoriessubversion
postedSep 1, '10 at 8:06p