Are there any plans (on the Struts2 team) to address the problem that
comes with UEL expressions (JSP 2.1 - JSR-245) in using the "#" symbol?

I'm currently using such symbol to get access to "request" attributes
(so my Struts2 tags can read values from "request scoped" beans), by
doing the following:

%{#request.myBean}

where "myBean" is an attribute in the request object.

If anyone knows of any other way to do the same without the "#" sign,
would you let me know?

  • Wes Wannemacher at Dec 17, 2007 at 7:06 pm
    You will be okay, AFAIK, the symbol clash is with '#{' which OGNL uses
    to create anonymous maps/lists. Your usage will be okay since it
    doesn't invoke UEL.

    -Wes
    Are there any plans (on the Struts2 team) to address the problem that
    comes with UEL expressions (JSP 2.1 - JSR-245) in using the "#" symbol?

    I'm currently using such symbol to get access to "request" attributes
    (so my Struts2 tags can read values from "request scoped" beans), by
    doing the following:

    %{#request.myBean}

    where "myBean" is an attribute in the request object.

    If anyone knows of any other way to do the same without the "#" sign,
    would you let me know?

    Alberto A. Flores
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/aflores

    Wesley Wannemacher
    President, Head Engineer/Consultant
    WanTii, Inc.
    http://www.wantii.com

  • Alberto A. Flores at Dec 17, 2007 at 7:18 pm
    Good to know... Thanks!