Hello.

Does anyone know how to get unicode symbols to work in Struts controls?

I have Circle-P - ℗ - Lucida Sans Unicode has that symbol on a PC,
and our MACs also have that font. The Trademark symbol started working
in some controls when I set escapeXML = "true", but no mater what I do I
get a square symbol not found symbol for Circle-P.

html : options and the display-el : column are the main things I need to
get working.

I am doing this:

< % @ page contentType="text/html; charset=utf-8" % >
< % @ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" % >
< % @ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" % >
< % @ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic" % >

Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks,
-G

  • Bishop, Gregory \(HAR-ORL\) at Feb 28, 2007 at 6:27 pm
    Hello. Can struts even display Unicode symbols in options drop downs?

    Does anyone know how to get unicode symbols to work in Struts controls?

    I have Circle-P - &#8471; - Lucida Sans Unicode has that symbol on a PC,
    and our MACs also have that font. The Trademark symbol (TM) started
    working in some controls when I set escapeXML = "true", but &apos; was
    shown instead of apostrophy ('). No mater what I do I get a square
    symbol not found symbol for Circle-P.

    html : options and the display-el : column are the main things I need to
    get working. I am at sea on this, and don't know what more I can do.