anyone have a clue where to look? I've been google'ng all over the place
and can't really find anything.

Thanks, ajTreece

  • Affan Qureshi at Feb 26, 2003 at 3:24 am
    have you seen http://www.w3schools.com?

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "ajTreece" <aj.treece@sun.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 4:07 AM
    Subject: [OT] Special Symbols in HTML

    My apologies for this [OT] question, but chances are someone on this
    list will know the answer.

    I know that you can use the symbol &#8482; to display the Trademark
    symbol via HTML. Is there a like symbol for Service Mark? If not does
    anyone have a clue where to look? I've been google'ng all over the place
    and can't really find anything.

    Thanks, ajTreece

  • Jeff Born at Feb 26, 2003 at 3:49 am
    I would like the html-el:link to produce

    <A href=<%=request.getContextPath()%><jsp:getProperty name="item"
    property="link"/>><jsp:getProperty name="item" property="value"</A>

    I would like in to work with the iterate tag. But so far I am not
    getting it to work.

    <logic-el:iterate id="item" name="items.footer"
    type="org.apache.struts.tiles.beans.MenuItem" >
    </logic-el:iterate>

    Any insight would be greatly appreciated,

    Jeff Born

  • Ray Madigan at Feb 26, 2003 at 7:11 am
    I would check to see if items.footer an attribute in some scope
    and it has a collection bound to it.

    Also, the id="item": item is an instance of the current iteration
    not a string. In the link paramName="item" should be item.someMethod ( )
    that returns a string. and i suspect that paramProperty="value" might
    be something like paramProperty="item.value" which calls the getValue ( )
    method on instance.

    I hope this helps
    Ray Madigan

    I would like the html-el:link to produce

    <A href=<%=request.getContextPath()%><jsp:getProperty name="item"
    property="link"/>><jsp:getProperty name="item" property="value"</A>

    I would like in to work with the iterate tag. But so far I am not
    getting it to work.

    <logic-el:iterate id="item" name="items.footer"
    type="org.apache.struts.tiles.beans.MenuItem" >
    </logic-el:iterate>

    Any insight would be greatly appreciated,

    Jeff Born

  • Jeff Born at Feb 26, 2003 at 12:31 pm
    Thanks that was what I was missing...

    I ended up with: <html-el:link page="${item.link}" ><jsp:getProperty
    name="item" property="value"/></html-el:link>

    Last questions is the jsp:getProperty needed? I was hoping to find a
    that possible?

    Second question is how do I test for the last instance of item within
    the iterate tag?

    Thanks for all the insight as all ways,

    Jeff Born.

    I would check to see if items.footer an attribute in some scope
    and it has a collection bound to it.

    Also, the id="item": item is an instance of the current iteration
    not a string. In the link paramName="item" should be item.someMethod ( )
    that returns a string. and i suspect that paramProperty="value" might
    be something like paramProperty="item.value" which calls the getValue (
    )
    method on instance.

    I hope this helps
    Ray Madigan