Hi @all,

I need to use transactions for all my db update and create actions.
Currently FF:M:DBIC doesn't support this. I'd like to extend the update
method to start a transaction, if an attribute is defined (e.g.
'use_transaction').
To avoid nested transactions, as update is also called internally, I
would introduce a class variable which stores our transaction state.

Do you agree with that?

Greets,

Mario

Search Discussions

  • Moritz Onken at Sep 2, 2009 at 2:39 pm
    Hi Mario,

    as far as I remember nested transactions result in a noop. Which means
    you can nest transactions and nothing bad will happen.

    Other than that: what's wrong with $schema->txn_do { $form->model-
    update } ?
    cheers,

    moritz

    I need to use transactions for all my db update and create actions.
    Currently FF:M:DBIC doesn't support this. I'd like to extend the
    update method to start a transaction, if an attribute is defined
    (e.g. 'use_transaction').
    To avoid nested transactions, as update is also called internally, I
    would introduce a class variable which stores our transaction state.

    Do you agree with that?

    Greets,

    Mario
  • Mario Minati at Sep 2, 2009 at 8:10 pm
    Hi Moritz,

    I need transactions for my catalystx::controller::extjs::rest derived
    classes, so I have no control over the line that calls update.
    And I thought it would be me more usefull to put the code into
    model::dbic than into extjs::rest.

    Greets,

    Mario

    Moritz Onken schrieb:
    Hi Mario,

    as far as I remember nested transactions result in a noop. Which means
    you can nest transactions and nothing bad will happen.

    Other than that: what's wrong with $schema->txn_do {
    $form->model->update } ?

    cheers,

    moritz

    I need to use transactions for all my db update and create actions.
    Currently FF:M:DBIC doesn't support this. I'd like to extend the
    update method to start a transaction, if an attribute is defined
    (e.g. 'use_transaction').
    To avoid nested transactions, as update is also called internally, I
    would introduce a class variable which stores our transaction state.

    Do you agree with that?

    Greets,

    Mario

  • Ascii King at Sep 2, 2009 at 4:27 pm

    Mario Minati wrote:
    Hi @all,

    I need to use transactions for all my db update and create actions.
    Currently FF:M:DBIC doesn't support this. I'd like to extend the
    update method to start a transaction, if an attribute is defined (e.g.
    'use_transaction').
    To avoid nested transactions, as update is also called internally, I
    would introduce a class variable which stores our transaction state.

    Do you agree with that?

    Greets,

    Mario

    Transactions would be pretty useful to me.

grouphtml-formfu @
categoriesperl, catalyst
postedSep 2, '09 at 12:10p
activeSep 2, '09 at 8:10p