---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "David A. Harding" <dave@dtrt.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 13:48:14 -0400
Subject: [CHLUG] Free Geek Picnic Saturday 11 Sept 2010
To: LUG/IP <lugip@lugip.org>, CHLUG <chlug@googlegroups.com>, Ubuntu
Our geek picnic last year was a huge success. Over 25 geeks--and their
families--turned out to eat burgers, play frisbee, and have a lot of fun.

This year we're going to a larger park--one with more fields, a
playground, walking trails, and geocaches. You're sure to have fun!

Food is potluck. Last year we had burgers, hot dogs, macaroni salad,
fruit casserole, macaroni and cheese, soda, chips, a vegetable
platter--and plenty of deserts including cake and Ubuntu-themed
cupcakes.

We worked off the calories with a game of ultimate frisbee, geek style,
and plenty of games with the kids.

Check out the pictures from last year:

* Hanging out: http://gallery.ubuntupennsylvania.org/main.php?g2_itemIdc0
* Playing frisbee:
http://gallery.ubuntupennsylvania.org/main.php?g2_itemIdq2
* Chowing down: http://gallery.ubuntupennsylvania.org/main.php?g2_itemIdW4
* Ubuntu Cupcakes!:
http://gallery.ubuntupennsylvania.org/main.php?g2_itemId`1
* More hanging out:
http://gallery.ubuntupennsylvania.org/main.php?g2_itemId`4

(Thanks to Jonathan Simpson and Lyz Krumbach for taking the photos.)

Please come! The event is free--you only need to bring food to share.

Philadelphia Geeknic Picnic
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saturday 11 September 2010
Lower Perkiomen Park
Oaks, Pennsylvania 19456

Google map:
http://tinyurl.com/2dpe5dz

Reservation appreciated:

http://wiki.geeknic.org/index.php/Lower_Perkiomen_Geeknic

Questions? Feel free to email me, .

We hope to see you there!

***

Help us advertise this event! The more the merrier! Pass this email to
anyone who might be interested. You can also post a message to Twitter:

Please join me for food and fun at the Philadelphia Geeknic Picnic
on 11 Sept 2010! Details: http://geeknic.org/?p0 #geeknic

Thanks!,

-Dave
--
David A. Harding Website: http://dtrt.org/
1 (609) 997-0765 Email: dave@dtrt.org

Promotion never hurts. the Phila Metro area has much going on, but it
all seems to be dispersed and isolated.

How many here didn't know about Hive76?

If you have the chance, please attend. What's the worse that can
happen? Food, fun, and a little fellowship.

--
jim fisher
Jedijf

irc freenode #ubuntu-us-pa