Hi All, [1]

As you all know the Google Summer of Code gives students the chance to
involve themselves with an open source project and this year the efforts
on behalf of The Perl Foundation (TPF) are being run by Florian Ragwitz
(Rafl).

The first stage of this process (the accepting of the mentoring
organisation) has passed and the TPF have been accepted. You can now
visit http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/show/google/gsoc2011/tpf to
view more details.

I am now asking for your help in spreading the message about the TPF and
in looking for students to join in with this year's event. If you could
pass this message on to any mailing list you are on, or share it with
appropriate locations so that we can make this year the most successful
year for Perl ever it would be much appreciated.

The main site for the Google Summer of Code is:
http://www.google-melange.com/, a timeline for participation can be
found at
http://www.google-melange.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/timeline.
As you can see the student participation period opens on 28th March, so
we have just one week to get the word around.

Some prospective project ideas for this year can be found at:
http://epo.means.no/gsoc2011/ideas, though i must stress that a student
can suggest any idea they wish to the mentoring org.

If anyone wishes to join in and be a mentor for this year then please
contact Rafl a.s.a.p.

Thanks

-Mark

[1] I apologise for the cross posting that anyone receives, I am simply
trying to get as broad an audience as possible.

--
Mark Keating BA (Hons) | Writer, Photographer, Cat-Herder
Managing Director | Shadowcat Systems Limited

groupepo-members-announce @
postedMar 21, '11 at 12:16p
activeMar 21, '11 at 12:16p
websiteenlightenedperl.org