Is there any built in functionality in DBIC to allow a relationship to
be defined so that the foreign fields can be accessed as though in the
present class?

I presently have part of an application that is using to tables with a
one to one relationship. One contains user information and the other
contains the application specific data for the users (contracts). All
of the relationships seem to be working and I can access the member
information through a, for example, $contract->member->first_name call,
but would like the higher level code to be able to treat all of the data
as simple, uniform accessors (i.e. $contract->first_name). I'm
presently using methods for each column within the Result class but was
hoping there was an option within the relationship definition similar to
a Moose 'handles'...is there some incarnation of the proxy() method that
will do this or any other existing solution?

Search Discussions

  • Peter Rabbitson at Aug 3, 2009 at 1:51 pm

    Matt Whipple wrote:
[...]

    There is a proxy relationship attribute. More info at [1] (search for proxy)

    [1] http://search.cpan.org/~ribasushi/DBIx-Class-0.08108/lib/DBIx/Class/Relationship/Base.pm#add_relationship
  • Matt Whipple at Aug 3, 2009 at 2:02 pm

    Matt Whipple wrote:
[...]

    Sorry...I think proxy does do what I'm looking for, I misread the docs
    and sent the email as I started testing (rather than waiting to finish)

groupdbix-class @
categoriesperl, catalyst
postedAug 3, '09 at 1:47p
activeAug 3, '09 at 2:02p
websitedbix-class.org
irc#dbix-class

2 users in discussion

Matt Whipple: 2 posts Peter Rabbitson: 1 post