I have a CGI::Application web report that simply gives tabular output
from a table. I'm using PersistentPerl for persisting my Perl, and I
use MooseX::Singleton to store my schema object. Everything works fine
with Oracle, but when I run the report against the same data in
MySQL, any changes subsequent to the previous report view aren't
shown. I'm not explicitly using DBIx::Class caching, I've checked
Oracle's v$session table to ensure that me DB connections are indeed
persistent, so I'm just trying to figure out why MySQL isn't working
as I expected. I'm using:

DBIx::Class: 0.08107
DBI: 1.609
DBD::Oracle: 1.23
DBD::mysql: 4.011

I use PersistentPerl and standard DBI with MySQL without problems, so
any advice is appreciated

Thanks

Search Discussions

  • Dan Horne at Jul 13, 2009 at 5:11 pm
    Hi, any ideas?
    I have a CGI::Application web report that simply gives tabular
    output from a table. I'm using PersistentPerl for persisting my
    Perl, and I use MooseX::Singleton to store my schema object.
    Everything works fine with Oracle, but when I run the report against
    the same data in MySQL, any changes subsequent to the previous
    report view aren't shown. I'm not explicitly using DBIx::Class
    caching, I've checked Oracle's v$session table to ensure that me DB
    connections are indeed persistent, so I'm just trying to figure out
    why MySQL isn't working as I expected. I'm using:

    DBIx::Class: 0.08107
    DBI: 1.609
    DBD::Oracle: 1.23
    DBD::mysql: 4.011

    I use PersistentPerl and standard DBI with MySQL without problems,
    so any advice is appreciated

    Thanks

    IRC: irc.perl.org#dbix-class
  • Dan Horne at Jul 14, 2009 at 1:18 am
    FYI, I have solved this. The read-only report pages connected with
    AutoCommit = 0. This is fine with Oracle, but did not work with MySQL.
    I'm not sure if its a transaction isolation issue, but against my
    better judgement, I have now set AutoCommit = 1.

[...]

groupdbix-class @
categoriesperl, catalyst
postedJul 11, '09 at 9:14p
activeJul 14, '09 at 1:18a