I wrote a quick module for creating a command line client based off
your DBIx class schema that allows for inserting/deleting/viewing rows
in the database. It basically maps DBIx::Class::Schema's to
GetOpt::Long. I'd like to put it on CPAN, but I wanted to make sure
this is okay because uploading to someone else's namespace.

Have a look:
http://mlug.missouri.edu/~jay/perl/DBIx-Class-Client-0.0.5.tar.gz

Thanks,
Jay

--
Make a small loan, Make a big difference - Kiva.org

Search Discussions

  • Matt S Trout at Aug 26, 2008 at 7:19 pm

    I wrote a quick module for creating a command line client based off
    your DBIx class schema that allows for inserting/deleting/viewing rows
    in the database. It basically maps DBIx::Class::Schema's to
    GetOpt::Long. I'd like to put it on CPAN, but I wanted to make sure
    this is okay because uploading to someone else's namespace.

    Have a look:
    http://mlug.missouri.edu/~jay/perl/DBIx-Class-Client-0.0.5.tar.gz
    What does this achieve that

    http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBIx-Class/script/dbicadmin

    doesn't?

    If you'd like to submit patches to dbicadmin, I'd love to have them
    - and factoring out that code into DBIx::Class::Script::Admin so you can
    extend it easily would be awesome.

    But I'm not sure I see the need for a duplicate with a slightly different
    API?

    Technical Director http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/
    http://chainsawblues.vox.com/ http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/servers/
  • Jay Buffington at Aug 26, 2008 at 9:19 pm
    I was unaware of dbicadmin. I'll look into hacking it to achieve the
    same simple command line interface that DBIx::Class::Client provides
    so that you could easily write a music.pl script (the example script
    in DBIx:Class::Client) by extending DBIx::Class::Script::Admin.

    Thanks,
    Jay
[...]

    IRC: irc.perl.org#dbix-class
    Searchable Archive: http://www.grokbase.com/group/dbix-class@lists.rawmode.org

    --
    Make a small loan, Make a big difference - Kiva.org
  • Matt S Trout at Aug 27, 2008 at 4:07 am

    I was unaware of dbicadmin. I'll look into hacking it to achieve the
    same simple command line interface that DBIx::Class::Client provides
    so that you could easily write a music.pl script (the example script
    in DBIx:Class::Client) by extending DBIx::Class::Script::Admin.
    Thought as much.

    If it looks to be easier to start with DBIx::Class::Client and just bolt
    back in the complex where stuff, that also works for me. I think the
    dbicadmin API is sufficiently simpler (albeit the JSON thing makes it
    capable of some really powerful stuff) that it can be bolted onto your
    existing code quicker?

    Technical Director http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/
    http://chainsawblues.vox.com/ http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/servers/

groupdbix-class @
categoriesperl, catalyst
postedAug 26, '08 at 6:39p
activeAug 27, '08 at 4:07a
websitedbix-class.org
irc#dbix-class

2 users in discussion

Matt S Trout: 2 posts Jay Buffington: 2 posts