Adam,

I've just updated the bundled SQLite in SVN to 3.6.14.2, which was announced 5
hours ago.

Would you please cut another DBD::SQLite developer release soon (or stable
release if it isn't too soon from the last one, considering that some developers
don't want to do exhaustive retesting frequently)? The last CPAN release had
3.6.13.

Thank you. -- Darren Duncan

Search Discussions

  • Kenichi Ishigaki at May 26, 2009 at 12:32 am
    Hi, Darren.

    It's important for us, *the maintainers* to test every sqlite
    version to see if the latest one breaks (or fixes) DBD::SQLite
    or not.

    However, it's also important for us to give end users enough time
    to test their applications against the latest (stable|unstable)
    DBD::SQLite. It was only a month ago we released the last stable
    version. That's hardly enough time.

    As sqlite.org says, there's no compelling reason to upgrade
    from 3.6.13 (our bundled version) to 3.6.14, except we may
    benefit from minor performance improvement. 3.6.14.1 and
    3.6.14.2 are only for users who upgraded to 3.6.14, so we
    still have no good reason to upgrade it now.

    Besides, I haven't finished to fix last glitches of #44871.
    There're still several "croak"s and I'm thinking they're
    simply to be removed (maybe with better argument handling)
    but anyway I need to add a test or two to see if my assumption
    is right or not, and I've been a bit busy for these weeks to
    do that.

    I asked Adam not to release too early in the commit log before.
    It may be ok for my part to release another dev version, but
    I think it's not a good time to release as sqlite is in its
    dev release cycle. At least we should wait sqlite 3.6.15,
    which probably will be out in a month or two.

    Kenichi