Hello,

does anybody know whether there will be a new edition of this book with
all the new things 5.9 has? Since I am new to all this Perl web
framework stuff and especially PSGI it would be very helpful to have one
source to start learning.

Thank you.

Best,
Willi

Search Discussions

  • Kieren Diment at Mar 1, 2012 at 10:06 am

    does anybody know whether there will be a new edition of this book with all the new things 5.9 has? Since I am new to all this Perl web framework stuff and especially PSGI it would be very helpful to have one source to start learning.
    Basically the book is fine for 5.9. I'm not aware of any overt bad practice advertised in the book that would have been exposed by 5.9. The PSGI stuff is mostly internal, and the book is basically not about internals. I guess the deployment chapter could do with a bit of an update from that perspective, but that's a small part of what the book covers, and the deployment recipes in the book will still work fine.

    I was thining about a 2nd edition in 2013 depending on what else I've got on by then. I can rule one out for this year, unless the publisher agitates to get one going ASAP and manages to find someone else to take over (which I think is unlikely right now).
  • Willi Schiegel at Mar 1, 2012 at 10:15 am
    Thank you, Kieren. So I will buy your book now :-)
[...]

  • Tomas Doran at Mar 2, 2012 at 8:15 pm