I'm trying to install perldoc onto the VM as described in the
tutorial. But I am not having any success. Bellow is the end result.
Thanks in advance!

root@catalyst:~# apt-get install perl-doc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package perl-doc is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
?perl

E: Package 'perl-doc' has no installation candidate
root@catalyst:~#

Search Discussions

  • Kamen Naydenov at Sep 14, 2011 at 5:23 am

    I'm trying to install perldoc onto the VM as described in the
    tutorial. But I am not having any success. Bellow is the end result.
    Thanks in advance!

    root@catalyst:~# apt-get install perl-doc
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package perl-doc is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    is only available from another source
    However the following packages replace it:
    ?perl

    E: Package 'perl-doc' has no installation candidate
    root@catalyst:~#
    Check output of: apt-cache policy perl-doc

    You may need to configure your sources list (/etc/apt/sources.list).

    best regards
    Kamen
  • Chris Stinemetz at Sep 15, 2011 at 3:21 am
    You may need to configure your sources list (/etc/apt/sources.list).
    What do I need to add?
    Below is what my sources.list looks like.

    root@catalyst:/etc/apt# more sources.list
    #

    # deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.2.1 _Squeeze_ - Official i386 NETINST Binary-1
    20110628-13:01]/ squeeze main

    #deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.2.1 _Squeeze_ - Official i386 NETINST Binary-1
    20110628-13:01]/ squeeze main

    deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main
    deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main

    deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main
    deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main

    # squeeze-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
    deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-updates main
    deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-updates main
  • Kamen Naydenov at Sep 15, 2011 at 8:22 am