One of our developers built a new environment and picked up Catalyst 5.9.

We're seeing some errors related to the Engine change to Plack.

It looks like our custom engine changes are not working. After reading the document, it seems we need to change the code to subclass from Plack::Handler::Apache2 instead of Catalyst::Engine::Apache2::MP20. When restarting Catalyst, we're still seeing the error about how engine cannot be set via ->setup.

So there's 2 questions:

1) Is there a way to explicitly install 5.8 via cpan without downloading the .tar.gz and all the correct dependencies?

2) What needs to be changed to get Catalyst / Plack to start correctly using our engine changes?

Thanks for any help. It's really appreciate.

Todd

Search Discussions

  • Dimitar Petrov at Aug 25, 2011 at 8:33 pm
    Hello,

    Regarding to your first question... you can force installing 5.80033 by
    specifying the full path for example:
    cpanm
    http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/B/BO/BOBTFISH/Catalyst-Runtime-5.80033.tar.gz

    Cheers,
    Dimitar
    One of our developers built a new environment and picked up Catalyst 5.9.

    We're seeing some errors related to the Engine change to Plack.

    It looks like our custom engine changes are not working. After reading the
    document, it seems we need to change the code to subclass from
    Plack::Handler::Apache2 instead of Catalyst::Engine::Apache2::MP20. When
    restarting Catalyst, we're still seeing the error about how engine cannot be
    set via ->setup.

    So there's 2 questions:

    1) Is there a way to explicitly install 5.8 via cpan without downloading
    the .tar.gz and all the correct dependencies?

    2) What needs to be changed to get Catalyst / Plack to start correctly
    using our engine changes?

    Thanks for any help. It's really appreciate.

    Todd

    Searchable archive:
    Dev site: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/