I know that this is not a Catalyst question, but I hope to get the
opinions of those that use Catalyst.

I develop web sites for small businesses, and really like using Perl and
Catalyst. However, there are times when developing a custom CMS is not
really appropriate - usually because it takes too much time (and hence
money) to develop, and because there are lots of ready made systems out
there already that will do the job.

I've started to look into some of these systems, including Drupal and
Bricolage. For my sins, I have spent a lot of time working with PHP, so
whilst I'd prefer a Perl framework, using a PHP system wouldn't really
be a problem.

Drupal is looking quite interesting, and it supports Pg, which is
definitely a bonus.

Bricolage also looks good, but most of the information that I can find
about it is now quite old - although there was a new release in February
2011. Bricolage is written in Perl and it supports Pg.

Does anyone have any experiences with open source CMS frameworks that
they are able to share?

Regards,

Mike

Search Discussions

  • Devin Austin at Apr 28, 2011 at 4:45 pm

[...]

    Searchable archive:
    Dev site: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/
    denny wrote ShinyCMS: http://shinycms.org/

    And I'm currently working on one (pre-alpha): http://github.com/dhoss/Deimos.

    There are a few others, but those two are Cat based and come to mind most
    readily.

    --
    Devin Austin
    http://www.codedright.net

    cheers,
    -nw
[...]

  • Mark West at Apr 28, 2011 at 5:43 pm
    Movable Type is Perl based and it can be "run" within Catalyst.

    http://warpedreality.org/2009/06/movable-type-catalystcontrollercgibin.html