i got my application working on apache. however, i seem to have an issue
with 'post' requests that are outside of my lan. i'm not sure where this
problem resides, so if there's a better forum for this, let me know.

the computer is nat'd (i've fwd'd 80/tcp). tt handles the url correctly,
either giving the private or public address depending on where the request
came from. the javascript on the page gets the json data as the page is
lan, it works fine.

however, if i post data from outside the lan, nothing. no mysql log, no
apache log. it's like nothing happened. when i ran the app from the internal
application server, i experienced the same behavior with post outside of my
lan. it almost looks like a network layer issue, but i just can't see how.