After upgrading Catalyst and most of the plugins to their latest
versions, everything seemed to work fine at first. But after returning
to my dev system after lunch, out of nowhere our app threw the
following error:

"Failed to load user data. You passed [ARRAY(0x798e540)] to
authenticate() but your user source (Schema::User) only has these
columns: [id, ..... ]"

I had to delete my session cookie to get around this. Since then I
tried hard to reproduce this error, but to no avail. I don't feel
comfortable deploying this to our production servers without knowing
what might have caused it.

Our authenticate call looks like this:

if( $c->authenticate( {
password => $params->{ 'password' },
dbix_class => {
searchargs => [ {
username => $params->{ 'username' },
},{
prefetch => qw/ roles /,
} ],
}
} ) ) { ... }

So, nothing special there and it has been working fine for years. Does
anybody have an idea what might have gone wrong there?

Thanks a lot!

--Toby

Search Discussions

  • Tobias Kremer at Jan 28, 2011 at 9:12 am

    After upgrading Catalyst and most of the plugins to their latest
    versions, everything seemed to work fine at first. But after returning
    to my dev system after lunch, out of nowhere our app threw the
    following error:
    "Failed to load user data. ?You passed [ARRAY(0x798e540)] to
    authenticate() but your user source (Schema::User) only has these
    columns: [id, ..... ]"
    Forget this! Turned out that some legacy code unintentionally screwed
    with the session data.

    Move along! :)

    --Toby

groupcatalyst @