I want to have my users authenticated using openid. If users are logging in
for the first time, I want to get the details, provided by say facebook, to
be saved in my DB.

Which Catalyst authentication Plug-in should be used in order to achieve
this goal.

Vivek
<#> <#>
<#> <#>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Blaine Everingham at Dec 10, 2010 at 2:14 pm
    Currently Facebook is not part of OpenID. Therefore you would need to have two different authentication credential modules.

    OpenID
    Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::OpenID

    Facebook
    Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::FBConnect

    I want to have my users authenticated using openid. If users are logging in for the first time, I want to get the details, provided by say facebook, to be saved in my DB.

    Which Catalyst authentication Plug-in should be used in order to achieve this goal.

    Vivek

    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
  • Vivek Chhikara at Dec 10, 2010 at 2:31 pm
    OK.

    I am able to use
    "Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::OpenID", and after authenticating
    with google, I get

    Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::User::Hash
    object, but when i try to get the user details,

    $c->user->url

    $c->user->display

    I am getting exceptions related to method not found.

    Can we access used details say Name , Email etc using
    "Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::OpenID" or

    we have to use
    something else say oAuth to get details.

    Basically, I want to simplify
    the user registration to my app when somebody logs in for the first
    time.

    Vivek

    On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 14:14:38 +0000, Blaine Everingham
    wrote: Currently Facebook is not part of OpenID. Therefore you would

    -------------------------

    I want to have my users authenticated using openid. If
    users are logging in for the first time, I want to get the details,
    provided by say facebook, to be saved in my DB.

    Which Catalyst
    authentication Plug-in should be used in order to achieve this
    goal.

    Vivek

    Vivek Chhikara [1]

    Links:
    ------
    [1] http://www.chhikara.org/wordpress
    -------------- next part --------------
    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

    I want to have my users authenticated using openid. If users are logging in for the first time, I want to get the details, provided by say facebook, to be saved in my DB.

    Which Catalyst authentication Plug-in should be used in order to achieve this goal.

    Vivek

    Vivek Chhikara

    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
  • Vivek Chhikara at Dec 11, 2010 at 6:31 pm
    First of all thanks for quick help.

    Now I am getting my info hash
    like this ..

    'declared_atom' => undef,
    'declared_foaf' => undef,

    'declared_rss' => undef,
    'foafmaker' => undef,
    'auth_realm' =>
    'openid',
    '__hash_obj_key_is_array' => {},
    'display' =>
    'https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=AItOawluUslXPQIyACrg4iY2NihWvfIs',

    'extensions' => {
    'http://openid.net/srv/ax/1.0' => {
    'value.email'
    => 'xxxxx.xxxxxx@gmail.com',
    'type.firstname' =>
    'http://axschema.org/namePerson/first',
    'mode' => 'fetch_response',

    'value.lastname' => 'xxx',
    'type.lastname' =>
    'http://axschema.org/namePerson/last',
    'value.firstname' => 'xxxxx',

    'type.country' => 'http://axschema.org/contact/country/home',

    'type.email' => 'http://axschema.org/contact/email',
    'value.country' =>
    'US'
    }
    },
    'foaf' => undef,
    'atom' => undef,
    'url' =>
    'https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=AItOawluUsACrg4iY2NihWvfIs',

    'rss' => undef
    }, 'Catalyst::Authentication::User::Hash' );"

    But I am
    not able to get value.firstname or email etc ..

    Also this hash is
    different for different providers say google and yahoo. Do we have any
    module available to take care of it or we have to do it manually in our
    actions.

    Regards,

    VC

    On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:49:05 +0000, Blaine
    Everingham wrote: If you want to grab other user data then you have to
    use an extension

    openid => {
    credential => {
    class => "OpenID",

    store => {
    class => "OpenID",
    },
    consumer_secret => "Don't bother
    setting",
    ua_class => "LWP::UserAgent",
    # whitelist is only relevant
    for LWPx::ParanoidAgent
    ua_args => {
    whitelisted_hosts => [qw/
    127.0.0.1 localhost /],
    },
    extensions => [

    'http://openid.net/srv/ax/1.0' => {
    mode => 'fetch_request',

    'type.nickname' => 'http://axschema.org/namePerson/friendly',

    'type.email' => 'http://axschema.org/contact/email',
    'type.fullname'
    => 'http://axschema.org/namePerson',
    'type.firstname' =>
    'http://axschema.org/namePerson/first',
    'type.lastname' =>
    'http://axschema.org/namePerson/last',
    'type.dob' =>
    'http://axschema.org/birthDate',
    'type.gender' =>
    'http://axschema.org/person/gender',
    'type.country' =>
    'http://axschema.org/contact/country/home',
    'type.language' =>
    'http://axschema.org/pref/language',
    'type.timezone' =>
    'http://axschema.org/pref/timezone',
    required =>
    'nickname,fullname,email,firstname,lastname',
    if_available =>
    'dob,gender,country,language,timezone',
    }

    ],