I'm using ShinyCMS for several sites on a single bytemark VM and want
to be able to run them in a single starman or mod_perl server without
massively wasting memory duplicating everything..

Following a chat with mst on irc and a bit of evening hacking I give you :
https://github.com/hashbangperl/Catalyst-TraitFor-Component-ConfigPerSite

No bits not on CPAN yet, once I've used it in anger onh a live box
I'll feel confident enough about uploading it.

Cheers

Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk

  • Oleg Kostyuk at Nov 19, 2010 at 11:17 am
    Hello,

    Thank you for your work!
    I have several questions.

    Why do you use Cache::Cache and not CHI? Even POD of Cache::Cache
    told: "The authors recommend the use of CHI going forward".

    What will be if I use KiokuDB and TT:Alloy - your work will be not
    usable without writing additional traits, correct?

    Also, I will be thankful, if you could add examples of config files
    for multi-site mode, and more documentation in general.

    PS: don't forget to clean debug code, like "use Data::Dumper" ;)

    I'm using ShinyCMS for several sites on a single bytemark VM and want
    to be able to run them in a single starman or mod_perl server without
    massively wasting memory duplicating everything..

    Following a chat with mst on irc and a bit of evening hacking I give you :
    https://github.com/hashbangperl/Catalyst-TraitFor-Component-ConfigPerSite

    No bits not on CPAN yet, ?once I've used it in anger onh a live box
    I'll feel confident enough about uploading it.

    Cheers

    Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons
    http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk

    Sincerely yours,
    Oleg Kostyuk (CUB-UANIC)

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedNov 18, '10 at 4:40p
activeNov 19, '10 at 11:17a
websitecatalystframework.org
irc#catalyst

2 users in discussion

Aaron Trevena: 1 post Oleg Kostyuk: 1 post