I currently run Catalyst via myapp_fastcgi.pl without SSL

Is there an explicit instruction set (copy/paste code) with advice on
how to make parts (most) of this run through SSL.

From reading the docs, it looks like I will start with:

# in MyApp.pm
use Catalyst qw/ StaticSimple
Authentication
Session
Session::Store::FastmMap
Session::State::Cookie
/;

MyApp->setup( qw/RequireSSL/ );

MyApp->config->{require_ssl} = {
https => 'secure.mydomain.com',
http => 'www.mydomain.com',
remain_in_ssl => 0,
no_cache => 0,
};

# in any controller methods that should be secured
$c->require_ssl;

Then in my Apache httpd.conf I currently have (static mode):

FastCgiServer /path/to/myapp/script/myapp_fastcgi.pl -processes 3
Alias / /path/to/myapp/script/script/myapp_fastcgi.pl/

I hope to run this on the same machine and have 2 Apache Virtual Hosts
for 'secure.mydomain.com' and 'mydomain.com' .

Can someone provide apache config scripts for this situation? Do I need
Port 443 for the FastCgiServer command in Apache? Will these 2 VH's use
separate Session FastMmap files? Log files?

thanks,
KSD

Search Discussions

  • Nicholas Wehr at Aug 5, 2010 at 9:58 pm
    you should consider using mod_rewrite rules for this

    check out: (idea<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/ssl/ssl_faq.html#relative>
    )

    -nw
    I currently run Catalyst via myapp_fastcgi.pl without SSL

    Is there an explicit instruction set (copy/paste code) with advice on how
    to make parts (most) of this run through SSL.

    From reading the docs, it looks like I will start with: