I'll ask here first them move on if this is the wrong list.

I am starting on a somewhat complex application that leans towards using
schema and views in a PostgreSQL database.

It is actually two applications that share some data but applications
are accessed independently. The plan is to have two "application"
schema and some tables that they both share in the public schema.

Will I be able to access a schema different than the "search_path"
setting for the user? Will special tweaks to the model to allow this?

Or is this a DBIx only question?

TIA,
Rod

  • Tomas Doran at Mar 29, 2010 at 6:16 pm

    Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
    Or is this a DBIx only question?
    DBIx is a namespace for modules providing interfaces to DBI. It is -not-
    a project. If you're calling DBIx::Class DBIx, please stop because there
    are lots of other DBIx::* projects out there and it's unfair on them
    (for DBIx::Class DBIC is preferred).

    Also yes, you're on the wrong list.

    Cheers
    t0m
  • Roderick A. Anderson at Mar 29, 2010 at 6:30 pm

    Tomas Doran wrote:
    Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
    Or is this a DBIx only question?
    DBIx is a namespace for modules providing interfaces to DBI. It is -not-
    a project. If you're calling DBIx::Class DBIx, please stop because there
    are lots of other DBIx::* projects out there and it's unfair on them
    (for DBIx::Class DBIC is preferred).
    Thanks. I was going to use DBIx::Class but got lazy. :-(
    Also yes, you're on the wrong list.
    Thanks I'll get to the correct one.

    Rod
    --