we have an app working under apache/mod_perl (and behind a reverse
proxy) that we would like to optimize. We're currently evaluating
performance, checking memory usage, etc.

For this we thought about using some stress testing package that would
be flexible in allowing us to specify a number of specific actions (in
the form of URIs) corresponding to a standard user session. Any
software you'd recommend for this task? Something from CPAN? Ideally
we'd like something that would also provide us with some report on
what happened ...

Thanks in advance,

--
fernan

Search Discussions

  • Will Hawes at Mar 23, 2010 at 11:35 am

    we have an app working under apache/mod_perl (and behind a reverse
    proxy) that we would like to optimize. We're currently evaluating
    performance, checking memory usage, etc.

    For this we thought about using some stress testing package that would
    be flexible in allowing us to specify a number of specific actions (in
    the form of URIs) corresponding to a standard user session. Any
    software you'd recommend for this task? Something from CPAN? Ideally
    we'd like something that would also provide us with some report on
    what happened ...
    By no means exhaustive, but both of these will allow you to do that:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/
    http://www.hpl.hp.com/research/linux/httperf/
  • Fernan Aguero at Mar 23, 2010 at 12:12 pm

    we have an app working under apache/mod_perl (and behind a reverse
    proxy) that we would like to optimize. We're currently evaluating
    performance, checking memory usage, etc.

    For this we thought about using some stress testing package that would
    be flexible in allowing us to specify a number of specific actions (in
    the form of URIs) corresponding to a standard user session. Any
    software you'd recommend for this task? Something from CPAN? Ideally
    we'd like something that would also provide us with some report on
    what happened ...
    By no means exhaustive, but both of these will allow you to do that:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/
    http://www.hpl.hp.com/research/linux/httperf/
    Thanks Will! Jmeter looks like it fits the bill perfectly (haven't got
    to test httperf, though).

    --
    fernan

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedMar 22, '10 at 9:26p
activeMar 23, '10 at 12:12p
websitecatalystframework.org
irc#catalyst

2 users in discussion

Fernan Aguero: 2 posts Will Hawes: 1 post