Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I pushed an updated Catalyst
Manual to CPAN yesterday. Almost all of the changes pertained to the
tutorial. A big thanks to Caelum for doing most of the SQLite foreign
key work. Also thanks to xenoterracide for a variety of edits to
early chapters. "Full" set of changes listed below (with a summary of
prior changes below that).

Regards,
Kennedy

5.8004 17 Feb 2010
- Tutorial:
- Add foreign key support for SQLite
(huge thanks to Caelum for that and other good edits!)
- Add "Quick Start" to Intro (Chapter 1)
- Switch to use of "-r" to auto-restart the dev svr
- Update for latest available Debian package versions
- Switch to individual files for example code vs. tarballs
- Switch to 'done_testing' and shorter 'prove' args for testing chapter
- Misc typo fixes
- Other:
- Minor Cookbook edits

Since we don't like to "spam" everyone with these announcements for
every release of Catalyst::Manual (just try to hit the highlights),
here are some changes in other relatively recent releases (since the
5.8000 release last about 9 months ago):

5.8003 28 Dec 2009
- Variety of typo fixes
- Fix incorrectness re :Global and :Local
- Update DevelopmentProcess.pod

5.8002 15 Nov 2009
- Update tutorial to match latest prepacked versions in Debian 5
- Add FormHandler branch (with thanks to gshank!)
- Misc cleanup/freshing up of tutorial.
- Fix indenting issue (with thanks to Kiffin Gish)
- Integrate tome fix branch (with thanks to tome!)
- Add a "negative" test to confirm that test02 does not have an
admin create link
- Integrate sqlite3 clarification and link by wolfman2000 from
tutorial_role_updates branch
- Fix Pod typos in ::Internals (RT#51488)
- Fix Pod typos in the Cookbook (RT#51466)
- Fix a Test::Pod failure and make Debian happier.
- Typo fixes from garu
- Misc minor and/or typo fixes

5.8001 06 Oct 2009
- Tutorial
- Fix RT #46760
- Fix RT #46618
- Fix cat-install script URL
- Fix typos
- Replace reference to deprecated CatalystX::ListFramework::Builder
with Catalyst::Plugin::AutoCRUD
- Other
- Lots of updates thanks to t0m
- Update development process / core team docs
- Cookbook fixes WRT authorization
- Better description of application setup process
- Fix some links
- Normalise spacing

5.8000 27 May 2009
- Tutorial:
- Update for Catalyst 5.80
- Update to "depluralize" the database names (big thanks to
Kiffin Gish!)
- Switch back to including numbers in chapter names (for proper sorting)
- Add section to Ch 4: "Moving Complicated View Code to the Model"
- Add section to Ch 3: "RenderView's 'dump_info' Feature"
- Misc fixes and updates (thanks to Anne Wainwright)
- Other:
- Add some 5.8 and Moose-specific material to the new
CatalystAndMoose.pod
(thanks to t0m and Sebastian Willert)

Search Discussions

  • Toby Corkindale at Feb 19, 2010 at 12:31 am

    Just wanted to let everyone know that I pushed an updated Catalyst
    Manual to CPAN yesterday. Almost all of the changes pertained to the
    tutorial. A big thanks to Caelum for doing most of the SQLite foreign
    key work. Also thanks to xenoterracide for a variety of edits to
    early chapters. "Full" set of changes listed below (with a summary of
    prior changes below that).
    Thank you, I really appreciate it when developers spend time improving
    documentation. So much that I'll say thanks twice. :)

    Thanks,
    Toby

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedFeb 18, '10 at 5:30p
activeFeb 19, '10 at 12:31a
websitecatalystframework.org
irc#catalyst

2 users in discussion

Toby Corkindale: 1 post Kennedy Clark: 1 post