Release candidate for DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader 0.05000 is now
available as a dev release:

http://search.cpan.org/~rkitover/DBIx-Class-Schema-Loader-0.04999_14/

The schemas it now generates are incompatible with the output of
0.04006, but there is an automatic backward compatibility mode.

Please try it out to make sure it doesn't break your code.

On running myapp_create.pl you will see the backcompat warnings.

To upgrade (while preserving and rewriting your custom content) set the
'naming' and/or 'use_namespaces' attributes.

THIS WILL BREAK YOUR APP

See:
perldoc DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::Manual::UpgradingFromV4

If you do decide to upgrade, make sure you're using the latest version
of Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema (0.38).

Examples:

script/myapp_create.pl model DB DBIC::Schema Schema create=static \
naming=current dbi:Pg:dbname=mydb user pass

If you're still using load_classes (in Schema.pm) run:

script/myapp_create.pl model DB DBIC::Schema Schema create=static \
use_namespaces=1 naming=current dbi:Pg:dbname=mydb user pass

Please report issues with the backcompat and upgrade code (or any other
loader issues) at:
https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Create.html?QueueÛIx-Class-Schema-Loader

Helper issues go here:
https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Create.html?QueueÊtalyst-Model-DBIC-Schema

Search Discussions

  • Octavian Rasnita at Feb 7, 2010 at 9:56 am
    From: "Rafael Kitover" <rkitover@io.com>
    Release candidate for DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader 0.05000 is now
    available as a dev release:

    http://search.cpan.org/~rkitover/DBIx-Class-Schema-Loader-0.04999_14/

    The schemas it now generates are incompatible with the output of
    0.04006, but there is an automatic backward compatibility mode.

    Please try it out to make sure it doesn't break your code.

    On running myapp_create.pl you will see the backcompat warnings.

    To upgrade (while preserving and rewriting your custom content) set the
    'naming' and/or 'use_namespaces' attributes.

    I have installed DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader 0.05001 and the latest
    Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema and I have generated a new scheme (not updated
    an older one).

    I have tried to use InflateColumn::Markup::Unified and UTF8Columns
    components, but the text from the UTF-8 columns is not encoded correctly.

    After "# You can replace this text with custom content, and it will be
    preserved on regeneration", I added the text below. Is it correct with the
    new DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader, or there is a bug in the new module?

    __PACKAGE__->load_components("InflateColumn::Markup::Unified",
    "UTF8Columns");
    __PACKAGE__->add_columns(
    "answer", {
    data_type => "TEXT",
    default_value => undef,
    is_nullable => 1,
    size => 65535,
    is_markup => 1,
    });
    __PACKAGE__->utf8_columns(qw/domain question answer/);
    1;

    I have also tried to specify UTF8Columns component using
    `components=UTF8Columns` parameter when I used the Catalyst DBIC::Schema
    helper, but it gave the following warning:

    Class::C3::Componentised::load_components(): Incorrect loading order of
    DBIx::Class::UTF8Columns by BRK::Schema::Result::Aga will affect other
    components overriding store_column (BRK::Schema::Result::Aga,
    DBIx::Class::UTF8Columns). Refer to the documentation of
    DBIx::Class::UTF8Columns for more info at
    E:\web\BRK\lib/BRK/Schema/Result/Aga.pm line 11

    Thanks.

    Octavian
  • Octavian Rasnita at Feb 7, 2010 at 12:58 pm
    From: "Rafael Kitover" <rkitover@io.com>
    Release candidate for DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader 0.05000 is now
    available as a dev release:

    http://search.cpan.org/~rkitover/DBIx-Class-Schema-Loader-0.04999_14/

    The schemas it now generates are incompatible with the output of
    0.04006, but there is an automatic backward compatibility mode.

    Please try it out to make sure it doesn't break your code.
    I guess the encoding errors of columns that use UTF8Columns are not
    generated by DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader (because they still appear after
    downgrading this module), but by DBIx::Class itself (unless the new version
    of DBIx::Class requires a syntax change for using UTF8Columns that I
    couldn't find).

    Octavian

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl