I use Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu but in some actions I don't want to
use the FormConfig attribute because it would automaticly generate and
process a form, which takes much time. I want to do that only if the already
generated template and data was not found in the cache.

But instead of writing each time

my $form = $self->form;
$form->load_config_filestem('path/to/config_file');
$form->process;
$c->stash->{form} = $form;

I would prefer to write a plugin, and write only something like:

$c->ff('path/to/config_file');

First, is this correct? (or it might appear some issues). I know that the
plugins are not recommended, but it is not a Catalyst plugin for public use,
but only one for my app.

And if it is ok, is it possible to get $self in the plugin in order to do
$self->form?

Or I will need to send it explicitly using:

$ff($self, 'path/to/config_file');

Thanks.

Octavian

Search Discussions

  • Andrew Rodland at Dec 23, 2009 at 9:57 am

    I use Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu but in some actions I don't want
    to use the FormConfig attribute because it would automaticly generate and
    process a form, which takes much time. I want to do that only if the
    already generated template and data was not found in the cache.
    [...]
    First, is this correct? (or it might appear some issues). I know that the
    plugins are not recommended, but it is not a Catalyst plugin for public
    use, but only one for my app.
    Maybe you should extend C::C::HTML::FormFu to have the caching behavior you
    want, and then just use *that* as a controller base class?

    And if it is ok, is it possible to get $self in the plugin in order to do
    $self->form?

    Or I will need to send it explicitly using:

    $ff($self, 'path/to/config_file');
    When running an action, the '$self' is the Controller. Outside of the action,
    you can get the controller for the dispatched action with $c->controller() (no
    argument).

    Andrew

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl