i wrote for my company an own DBD to control special things via SQL. Some
information would read only by open the connection. At this time i mean that
was a good decision. Now, with the Catalyst based web-frontend, i have a
problem.

Until i fix the reading of the meta-infos, i need as short workaround the
ability to close the dbd-connection which was hold through the model
component. I have look the docu, search in the source-code and introspect the
running system with the perl debugger, but i have nothing found what was
similar to a dbd-handle.

Can me someone say, where i can, who i can close the dbd-connection in line
09, so that line 10 reopen the connection.

01 sub foo
02 {
03 my ( $self, $c ) = @_;
04 my $model = $c->model('DB::TABLE') ;
05 my $row ;
06 my $res ;
07
08 $row = { ... } ;
09 ## $model-> method to call for dbd->disconnect()
10 $res = [$model->search($row)] ;
11
12 ...
13 }

Thanks,
Christian

Search Discussions

  • Tomas Doran at Nov 23, 2009 at 10:09 am

    christian4catalyst@lists.muthpartners.de wrote:
    Can me someone say, where i can, who i can close the dbd-connection in line
    09, so that line 10 reopen the connection.

    01 sub foo
    02 {
    03 my ( $self, $c ) = @_;
    04 my $model = $c->model('DB::TABLE') ;
    05 my $row ;
    06 my $res ;
    07
    08 $row = { ... } ;
    09 ## $model-> method to call for dbd->disconnect()
    10 $res = [$model->search($row)] ;
    11
    12 ...
    13 }
    Erm, this is a DBIx::Class question isn't it? (At a guess - you haven't
    told us in any way what code you're using to provide your DB model, so
    I'm just wildly speculating here).

    You want to do something like $c->model('DB')->schema to get the
    DBIx::Class::Schema, then call ->disconnect on that, or possibly
    ->schema->dbh->disconnect.

    Cheers
    t0m

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedNov 23, '09 at 1:54a
activeNov 23, '09 at 10:09a
websitecatalystframework.org
irc#catalyst

2 users in discussion

Christian4catalyst: 1 post Tomas Doran: 1 post