Hello all,

Is anyone having trouble with clear passwords since this morning's update of
C:P:Authentication to ver 0.10014?

I have two instances that have stopped working. Changing to none works ok.

Where have I gone wrong?

Thanks,
Chris

use Catalyst qw/
Authentication
Authentication::Credential::Password
Authorization::Roles
Authorization::ACL
/;

__PACKAGE__->config( 'Plugin::Authentication' =>
{
default_realm => 'members',
members => {
credential => {
class => 'Password',
password_field => 'password',
password_type => 'clear'
},
store => {
class => 'DBIx::Class',
user_class => 'JDDB::tblUser',
id_field => 'id',
role_column => 'roles',

});

Search Discussions

  • Tomas Doran at Aug 26, 2009 at 5:50 pm

    Chris Devine wrote:
    Hello all,

    Is anyone having trouble with clear passwords since this morning's update of
    C:P:Authentication to ver 0.10014?
    From what version? (and can you try any in-between versions, to find
    the specific version change which is causing issues for you?
    I have two instances that have stopped working.
    Two instances of what?
    Changing to none works ok.
    Changing what to 'none'?

    Also, what DB queries get emitted when authenticating a user, both in
    the working and non-working cases? (DBIC_TRACE=1).

    Can we also get a config dump as seen in the debug screen (i.e. the
    loaded config Catalyst actually sees, rather than the contents of your
    config file).
    Where have I gone wrong?
    Not providing enough information for me to be able to be helpful - but
    we'll forgive that ;_)

    Cheers
    t0m
  • Chris Devine at Aug 26, 2009 at 7:50 pm
    Is anyone having trouble with clear passwords since this morning's
    update of C:P:Authentication to ver 0.10014?
    From what version? (and can you try any in-between versions, to find the
    specific version change which is causing issues for you?
    I have two instances that have stopped working.
    Two instances of what?
    Changing to none works ok.
    Changing what to 'none'?

    Also, what DB queries get emitted when authenticating a user, both in the
    working and non-working cases? (DBIC_TRACE=1).

    Can we also get a config dump as seen in the debug screen (i.e. the loaded
    config Catalyst actually sees, rather than the contents of your config
    file).
    Where have I gone wrong?
    Not providing enough information for me to be able to be helpful - but we'll
    forgive that ;_)

    Cheers
    t0m

    Thanks for the help. Never mind. I had allowed a dupe username to exist by
    dropping an index for testing. I never replaced it. I fixed the dupes,
    replaced the unique index, and all is good.

    Thanks,
    Chris

    http://www.eset.com

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedAug 26, '09 at 5:00p
activeAug 26, '09 at 7:50p
websitecatalystframework.org
irc#catalyst

2 users in discussion

Chris Devine: 2 posts Tomas Doran: 1 post