I've started to use fastcgi with Apache and after a little fight with it, I
made it work, but I can't access /server-status anymore.

I've checked and mod_status.so is loaded in httpd.conf:

LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so

and it is also configured to show the server status on /server-status for
everyone:

<Location /server-status>
SetHandler server-status
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Location>

But when I access /server-status the Catalyst app gives the following error:

Unknown resource server-status

(or Unknown resource server-status/ if I add a slash at the end)

I couldn't find anything about this issue anywhere.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

I use Apache 2.2.9, Perl 5.10.0 and the latest version of Catalyst under
Fedora.

Octavian

Search Discussions

  • Ash Berlin at May 2, 2009 at 12:57 pm
[...]

    I'm guessing you've got your cat app rooted/deployed on '/' and are
    using FastGCI (from your other thread)?

    If so then I think you need something like this in the config:

    Alias /server-status /server-status
    Alias / /path/to/fcgi

    --
    ash
  • Octavian Rasnita at May 2, 2009 at 3:17 pm
[...]

    Yes, this was the problem. I made some tests and I came to the conclusion
    that Catalyst responds to all those URIs which don't have a distinct Alias
    when it is used with fastcgi, no matter if they are handled by other
    modules.

    Octavian
  • Hans Dieter Pearcey at May 2, 2009 at 4:06 pm

    Yes, this was the problem. I made some tests and I came to the conclusion
    that Catalyst responds to all those URIs which don't have a distinct
    Alias when it is used with fastcgi, no matter if they are handled by
    other modules.
    ITYM "I broke my Apache config". This doesn't have anything to do with
    Catalyst specifically, just with how you specify url mappings for what.

    hdp.
  • Matt S Trout at May 5, 2009 at 10:45 am

    I'm guessing you've got your cat app rooted/deployed on '/' and are using
    FastGCI (from your other thread)?
    If so then I think you need something like this in the config:
    Alias /server-status /server-status
    Yes, this was the problem. I made some tests and I came to the conclusion
    that Catalyst responds to all those URIs which don't have a distinct Alias
    when it is used with fastcgi, no matter if they are handled by other
    modules.
    I don't understand why you mention Catalyst here.

    That's just how Alias works in apache; if you don't understand it you should
    be reading the http://httpd.apache.org/ manual and talking to apache lists;
    there's exactly zero Catalyst specific ness here :)

    --
    Matt S Trout Catalyst and DBIx::Class consultancy with a clue
    Technical Director and a commit bit: http://shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedMay 2, '09 at 8:25a