There's a new edit of the Catalyst press release, which was graciously donated by a copy edit expert mst found for us. mst++

Please take a look: http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/releaseannouncements/58pressrelease.edit

Now, there's a lot of changes and it's much shorter. Basically, the editor felt it should be short enough to fit various syndication models, that we should pull out all the opinion stuff and to remove links since that will just pull traffic away. I choose to leave in links to the release homepage, since that's at the bottom of the copy and not likely to distract from the text, but is valuable as it brings people to a good place to start exploring. On the release homepage I tried to reorganize some of the stuff from the earlier PR copy. I think it will work better this way, but I really need people to log into:

http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/releaseannouncements

and add their personal advocacy or howto stuff in the, "Blogs and third party discussions" section, which is looking thin.

This edit was done by an expert in these matters. I realize it says less than many of us would prefer, given the excitement and sense of accomplishment we feel. However, I really think this should go out ASAP (before swine flu news drowns out anything else) and filling in the gaps is something we should do with our blogging or through more additions to the wiki.

Let's get some last comments and then devise a strategy to get it distributed as far and wide as possible. For the moment, let's try to consider the page 'locked' keep our comments to the ML or IRC chat. I want to set a deadline for comments of 6pm UTC (see http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx) if you need help figuring that out) and then started sending it around.

Thanks!

jnapiorkowski

Search Discussions

  • Ben Vinnerd at Apr 28, 2009 at 1:32 pm

    John Napiorkowski wrote:
    There's a new edit of the Catalyst press release, which was graciously donated by a copy edit expert mst found for us. mst++

    Please take a look: http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/releaseannouncements/58pressrelease.edit
    No permissions to edit this page
  • Joel Bernstein at Apr 28, 2009 at 1:45 pm
    There's a new edit of the Catalyst press release, which was
    graciously donated by a copy edit expert mst found for us. mst++

    Please take a look: http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/releaseannouncements/58pressrelease.edit
    No permissions to edit this page
    So get rid of the .edit and it works..

    http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/releaseannouncements/58pressrelease
    for the hard of thinking.

    /joel
  • Ben Vinnerd at Apr 28, 2009 at 1:48 pm

    Joel Bernstein wrote:
    There's a new edit of the Catalyst press release, which was
    graciously donated by a copy edit expert mst found for us. mst++

    Please take a look:
    http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/releaseannouncements/58pressrelease.edit

    No permissions to edit this page
    So get rid of the .edit and it works..

    http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/releaseannouncements/58pressrelease for
    the hard of thinking.
    Cheers Joel, couldn't have done it without you! What a star.
  • Joel Bernstein at Apr 28, 2009 at 2:28 pm
    There's a new edit of the Catalyst press release, which was
    graciously donated by a copy edit expert mst found for us. mst++

    Please take a look: http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/releaseannouncements/58pressrelease.edit
    No permissions to edit this page
    So get rid of the .edit and it works..

    http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/releaseannouncements/58pressrelease
    for the hard of thinking.
    Cheers Joel, couldn't have done it without you! What a star.
    My sarcasm meter just went off the scale. Sorry if you were offended.

    /joel
  • Ben Vinnerd at Apr 29, 2009 at 7:40 am

    Joel Bernstein wrote:
    Cheers Joel, couldn't have done it without you! What a star.
    My sarcasm meter just went off the scale. Sorry if you were offended.

    /joel
    ;-)

    Ben
  • Jay Shirley at Apr 28, 2009 at 1:43 pm

[...]

    The non-edit link:
    http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/releaseannouncements/58pressrelease

    Also, typo (should be Developers?):
    Developer, managers and any Perl enthusiast will love the new features,
    continued stability and highly adaptable framework.

    I think the ".." in the "It's fast and easy to get started.." should be an
    ellipsis or a simple period.

    I really like the tenor and short brevity of this revision, though. I think
    some of the segue ways between points can use some enhancement, but it is
    very good!

    -J