FAQ
Hello,

I was wondering if Catalyst supports IPv6? I search the archive/google
but couldn't find anything useful. If it's not support, is it planed?

chiel

Search Discussions

  • Matija Grabnar at May 17, 2009 at 7:02 am

    chiel wrote:
    Hello,

    I was wondering if Catalyst supports IPv6? I search the archive/google
    but couldn't find anything useful. If it's not support, is it planed?
    I've just gotten IPv6 connectivity on my home lan, so I did some testing.
    There is good news and bad.

    Bad news: myapp_server only listens on the IPv4 socket, and the very
    simple modifications I tried
    did not change the situation. It looks like a myapp_server that opened
    on dual IPv4/IPv6 stack would take some work. (At least several hours by
    someone who knows the guts of myapp_server).

    Good news: A catalyst application loaded into an IPv6 configured apache
    works on IPv6 or on dual IPv4/IPv6 stack completely transparently and
    without any problems.

    Hope this helps...
  • Tomas Doran at May 18, 2009 at 9:25 am

    Matija Grabnar wrote:
    Good news: A catalyst application loaded into an IPv6 configured apache
    works on IPv6 or on dual IPv4/IPv6 stack completely transparently and
    without any problems.
    Cool. Any chance you could write this up on the wiki as it's a
    frequently (or, at least, more than once) asked question? :)

    Cheers
    t0m
  • Matija Grabnar at May 18, 2009 at 12:34 pm

    Tomas Doran wrote:
    Cool. Any chance you could write this up on the wiki as it's a
    frequently (or, at least, more than once) asked question? :)
    Done. I hope the faq answer is clear enough.
  • Matt S Trout at May 22, 2009 at 6:29 am

    On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 09:02:11AM +0200, Matija Grabnar wrote:
    chiel wrote:
    Hello,

    I was wondering if Catalyst supports IPv6? I search the archive/google
    but couldn't find anything useful. If it's not support, is it planed?
    I've just gotten IPv6 connectivity on my home lan, so I did some testing.
    There is good news and bad.

    Bad news: myapp_server only listens on the IPv4 socket, and the very
    simple modifications I tried
    did not change the situation. It looks like a myapp_server that opened
    on dual IPv4/IPv6 stack would take some work. (At least several hours by
    someone who knows the guts of myapp_server).
    is there any reason we can't get myapp_server back to using
    HTTP::Server::Simple and just outsource the problem?

    The code's diverged a bit from when it was forked but I don't really see
    it being that horrible a job ...

    --
    Matt S Trout Catalyst and DBIx::Class consultancy with a clue
    Technical Director and a commit bit: http://shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/
    Shadowcat Systems Limited
    mst (@) shadowcat.co.uk http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedApr 28, '09 at 8:50p
activeMay 22, '09 at 6:29a
posts5
users4
websitecatalystframework.org
irc#catalyst

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase