Hi there,

I just wondered, if it would be possible, via a login page
and Catalyst::Authentication to configure more than one way
to identify a user?
My idea would be to let the user authenticate through its OpenID
account, if (s)he has one, or then, by default using an user account
stored in a database.
If someone has already done it, clue welcome.

Thanks in advance
--
-------------------------
Emmanuel Quevillon

Search Discussions

  • Iain at Apr 15, 2009 at 10:40 am

    I just wondered, if it would be possible, via a login page
    and Catalyst::Authentication to configure more than one way
    to identify a user?
    My idea would be to let the user authenticate through its OpenID
    account, if (s)he has one, or then, by default using an user account
    stored in a database.
    If someone has already done it, clue welcome.

    Thanks in advance
    Haven't used it myself but

    Catalyst::Authentication::Realm::Progressive - http://bit.ly/3beuPm

    sounds like it will do the trick.

    Iain.
  • Jay Shirley at Apr 15, 2009 at 11:01 am

    I just wondered, if it would be possible, via a login page
    and Catalyst::Authentication to configure more than one way
    to identify a user?
    My idea would be to let the user authenticate through its OpenID
    account, if (s)he has one, or then, by default using an user account
    stored in a database.
    If someone has already done it, clue welcome.

    Thanks in advance
    Haven't used it myself but

    Catalyst::Authentication::Realm::Progressive - http://bit.ly/3beuPm

    sounds like it will do the trick.

    Iain.
    As the person to blame for that realm, yes, that is what it is for. It is
    exactly for that purpose, and I wrote up an advent article with the specific
    idea of linking OpenID to a traditional account.

    You can view it at http://www.catalystframework.org/calendar/2008/19

    Good luck.

    -J