Ok, so, as a favour to the UKUUG and to Dave Cross, founder of the illustrious
london.pm and person mad enough to let me split the tutorial time at the
London Perl Workshop 2008 with him, I hereby re-appear on the lists to
point out that there are tutorials going on, and those of you attempting to
get people up to speed or rescue PHP developers or whatever might be
interested in it.

So, if you are interested, here's the details -

UKUUG (in conjunction with O'Reilly) presents:

Introduction to Perl - 25th February 2009

Advanced Perl Techniques - 26th February 2009

Tutor: Dave Cross

see: http://www.ukuug.org/events/perl09/

Day 1: Introduction to Perl - 25th February:

This one-day course is an introduction to Perl for complete beginners. No
knowledge of Perl is assumed, although attendees will have a slight advantage
if they have some knowledge of at least one other programming language. At
the end of the course, attendees will have enough knowledge to write a number
of useful Perl programs, together with details of where to go for more
information.

Syllabus:
What is Perl
Input and output