Using Catalyst, TT and REST, I generate a page which contains SVG.

I am new to Catalyst (and Web Applications development in general), and this is only one of the reasons for which I am facing the following problem.

On one hand, in Firefox and Safari, the page does not display correctly when it is generated based on a REST request . Additionally, on the HTML tab, Firebug shows certain SVG elements as nested even though they are not (which is visible when viewing the Page Source).

On the other hand, the file containing the generated markup displays correctly in Firefox and Safari when opened after saving the generated page source with the extension of either .xhtml or .xml. It does not display correctly when saved with the extension of .html.

I tried various settings of <meta content="application/xhtml+xml"/>. I also unsuccessfully tried Catalyst::View::TT::XHTML and Catalyst::Action::Fixup::XHTML. There must be a flaw in my attempts.

I hope there exists a short-cut solution to the above.

Please advise.

Regards,
-- Mark

groupcatalyst @