Hi List,

I'm configuring apache mod_perl to work with Catalyst according to the
cookbook, but this error showed up when I restarts apache. It occurs
when my catalyst application tries to start up by calling
"__PACKAGE__->setup;"

[error] Global $r object is not available. Set:

PerlOptions +GlobalRequest

in httpd.conf at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6/CGI.pm line 361.

I have dug around internet, but there weren't much info about this
error. I have added "PerlOptions" to my conf file, updated CGI.pm to
the latest version, but they didn't help.

My Apache version is 2.0.55, and modperl is 2.0.2. Some post suspect
there's a bug for "PerlOption" in modperl. So, I'm gonna update those
next, but hopping someone would know something about it.

Thanks,

BC

This correspondence is from Napster, Inc. or its affiliated entities
and is intended only for use by the recipient named herein. This
correspondence may contain privileged, proprietary and/or confidential
information, and is intended only to be seen and used by named addressee(s).
You are notified that any discussion, dissemination,distribution or copying
of this correspondence and any attachments, is strictly prohibited,
unless otherwise authorized or consented to in writing by the sender.
If you have received this correspondence in error, please notify the
sender immediately, and please permanently delete the original and any
copies of it and any attachment and destroy any related printouts without
reading or copying them.