So, I'm trolling through the ASP.NET 3.5 docs on JSON and AJAX and it
talks about GET not being enabled by default for a web service and that
the mime type must be application/json

Of course the REST package has this:
And to make matters more fun, MIME::Types has neither.

I know, I know. "Well volunteered". :-)

Before I go patching things and submitting RT bugs, what do we want to
do with REST?

I vote to support both mime types. Near as I figure, it can't hurt to do so.

Perhaps a warning about using an outdated mime type?

-=Chris